INTERIOR OF XIANTONG SI BEAMLESS HALL. PHOTO: SHANXI PROVINCIAL TOURISM ADMINISTRATION – TAASA Review June 2014
earlier work on a bridge over the Yanghe River took him within 80 kilometres (PripMÃ¸ller 1932:278; CCTV 2010). In 1603, on completion of his work on Emeishan, Miaofeng petitioned the empress dowager for further funds to build and install a golden Guanyin (AvalokiteÅ›vara) image on the sacred island of Putuoshan.
However the Putuo monks, victims of repeated raids by pirates, objected.
Miaofeng therefore settled on the small monastery of Huiju si at Baohuashan near Nanjing...